When people walk through our door, looking for a pet, they are often somewhat offended when we explain we are a transfer station.
Each Tuesday night, 25 to 40 dogs/puppies/cats/kittens make the overnight trip to Dumb Friends League in Colorado.
Soooo I asked the following rescues/shelters for figures and I got some background as well.
You do the math – there are lots and lots and lots of homeless pets in this area waiting for YOU to adopt them.
- Miami Animal Alliance (foster based) 130
- Lake Area Pet Society (foster based) 15
- Second Chance Pet Rescue of Grand Lake 50
- Miami Animal Control 24
- Rockin’ G (Pryor municipal shelter) 70
- Pryor Animal League 20 (but they transfer 600+ out yearly to shelters who need pets for adoption)
The total? Over 300.
Yes – absolutely – there are dogs/puppies/cats/kittens waiting for their forever home within driving range of where you live.
Please, please call them – look them up on Facebook – and find the perfect pet for you.
We are all in this together – and together we can win!!!
So……3,500+ homeless pets have found forever homes in Colorado thru PAAS.
And 300+ are waiting for you to adopt them – right here in Northeast Oklahoma.