The PAAS Mission: Animal Welfare Solutions to Change the Culture
Peaceful Animal Adoption Shelter (PAAS, pronounced “paws”) opened our facility on historic Route 66 in Vinita, OK, in April, 2015, dedicated to the rescue, temporary care, and adoption of homeless and unwanted cats and dogs.
PAAS has created a number of innovative programs to accomplish our mission. Through these programs, PAAS:
- Subsidizes spay/neuter services for animals belonging to income-qualified pet owners
- Provides dog-training program involving inmates at Northeast Oklahoma Correctional Center
- Conducts out-of- state transport of locally unwanted dogs
- Manages a Trap-Neuter- Release program to control the feral cat population
- Provides assistance to Vinita residents who need help caring for their pets through a partnership with the Pets for Life program of the Humane Society of the U.S.
- Intervenes in animal hoarding and abuse cases, working with area law enforcement and other rural rescue operations
- Works collaboratively with other rescues, shelters, and animal welfare organizations and with our out-of- state adoption partner to make sure that unwanted animals find forever homes.
- Maintains a major presence on social media, providing public education about pet over- population, responsible pet ownership, and animal welfare.
PAAS occupies a key position in an effective network of regional animal welfare organizations.
For more information about our programs, please click on the tab labeled “What We Do” at the top of this page.
PAAS is a private non-profit, 501(c)(3), organization which receives no government funds.
Our programs and operations depend on private donations as well as grants from visionary philanthropic partners including the WaterShed Animal Fund, PetSmart Charities, ASPCA (Rescue Ride program funded by Subaru), the Flint Family Foundation, the Cresap Family Foundation, and others.
Please join us!
Help us make a difference in the lives of homeless and unwanted cats and dogs by supporting PAAS with your tax-deductible donation HERE (or click on “Donate Now” above) and your time (click on “Volunteers”).